Mediterranean Pork with Roasted Potatoes
Baby potatoes are roasted on the grill alongside thick-cut, bone-in pork chops that are marinated in olive oil, lemon juice and fresh garlic for a succulent entrée that is simple to prepare.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes (+ 4 hours marinating time)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 tbsp dried oregano
4 cloves garlic, smashed
4 bone-in center-cut pork chops (each 1 1/2 inches thick)
1 tsp each kosher salt and pepper
1 lb baby yellow-flesh potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
12 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp each kosher salt and pepper
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1. Pork Chops: In large resealable plastic bag, combine oil, lemon juice, rosemary, oregano and garlic; add pork chops. Seal bag, releasing as much air as possible; massage to coat evenly. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
2. Potatoes: Place potatoes in saucepan with enough cold water to cover; bring to boil. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until slightly tender, but not fully cooked; drain well. Toss together potatoes, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place in center of large sheet of heavy-duty foil. Fold and seal into even, flat packet.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. Place packet on top rack of grill. Cook, turning once, for about 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Meanwhile, remove pork chops from marinade and shake off excess; season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, for 12 to 15 minutes or until well marked and instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 145°F. Let stand for 5 minutes.
5. Open potato packet carefully and transfer potatoes to serving bowl. Stir in lemon zest and chives. Serve with pork.
Tip: Serve with prepared tzatziki sauce, Kalamata olives and sliced ripe heirloom tomatoes drizzled with olive oil.